Kokoda - Act for Kids
ACT FOR KIDS INVITES YOU!
To join us for the trip of a lifetime, trekking the Kokoda Track through the PNG Jungle all the while making an incredible difference to the lives of abused and neglected children.
The Trek for Kids Kokoda Track journey is more than just a tough trek in a jungle environment, it’s an emotional, physical and sometimes spiritual journey through the jungle that served as the backdrop for a ferocious battle in 1942 where Australian Diggers and Papuan Fuzzy Wuzzy Angels stood shoulder to shoulder to face the might of the Japanese Imperial Army.
Our Trek Leaders will walk you through this incredible and spine tingling history, recounting many stories of heroism, courage, endurance, mateship and sacrifice. Embrace the history, change children’s futures.
When you take on a Trek for Kids Challenge, you are not only signing up for a life-changing adventure but you are raising awareness and vital funds for the important work Act for kids does. You will have the support of the entire Act for Kids team behind you to help you reach your fundraising goals as well as the guidance and encouragement of Trek Leaders Glenn and Alyssa Azar to help you mentally and physically prepare for Kokoda.
The Trek concludes on Anzac Day 2019 and you will have the privilege of participating in a Dawn Service to honour the history of Kokoda.
- Immerse yourself in the history of the Kokoda Track through your experienced guide
- Experience the local village culture and people
- Walk in the footsteps of Australian troops
- Take part in memorial services throughout this emotional journey
- Experience Kokoda in a way few people ever will –alongside those who have served and share their unique perspective on this epic journey
- All international airfares from Brisbane
- In country transfers
- Experienced adventure leader/medic
- Local Guides and Group Porters
- All accommodation – twin share (private room available at extra cost)
- Travel Insurance
- All Equipment – tents, back packs, sleeping bags
- All meals, Special dietary requirements can be arranged too
- Hat, dry fit shirt and long sleeve night shirt
Request an Adventure Pack
|DAY 1||Depart Brisbane, arrive in Port Moresby PNG|
|DAY 2||Fly to Popondetta, bus to Kokoda, trek to Deniki|
|DAY 3||Trek to Alola via Isuarva Battlefield|
|DAY 4||Trek to Templeton Crossing 1 via Eora Creek|
|DAY 5||Trek to Naduri|
|DAY 6||Trek to Menari via Mission Ridge and Brigade Hill|
|DAY 7||Trek to Irobaiwa Village via Irobaiwa Ridge|
|DAY 8||Trek to Ua Ule Creek via the Golden Staircase|
|DAY 9||Trek to Ower’s Corner, bus to Port Moresby via Bomana War Cemetary|
|DAY 10||Fly to Brisbane|
- Cost $5,750 all inclusive ex-Brisbane.
- $1,000 deposit on registration to secure your positon.
- $4,750 due 60 days prior to trek
- Group Size Approximately 15 – 20 people.
- 8 days and 7 nights trekking, 1 day each side for travel and briefing.
- Pre-adventure Training
- Monitored 12 week training program supervised by our Adventure Challenge Trek Leader.
- Requirements: Visa, passport, vaccinations.
- Joined by a qualified Australian trek leader and a qualified Australian remote area medic.
- Adventure Grade: Moderate to challenging.
COST & FUNDRAISING
Cost $5,750 inc GST
PLUS at least $4,000 fundraising
Request an Adventure Pack
Interested in a New Adventure?
Contact us to learn more about our trips or to create your own.