Gorari Battlefield Commemoration - Kokoda Track
Welcome to our one of a kind commemoration adventure where we will be unveiling a memorial to the soldiers and local people that fought at the battle of Gorari and Oivi in 1942.
This battle was one of the final battles between the Australian and Japanese troops prior to the end of this campaign at the Northern Beachheads. 133 Australians were killed and 250 were wounded yet no memorial stands on these grounds.
Together with families of those who fought, we have worked to change this and in 2018 will be unveiling a new memorial. We invite you to be a part of this adventure with fees from each participant helping to fund this very special monument.
We will also visit the Northern Beachheads and stay in beautiful beach side accommodation less than 100m from the beach. A perfect spot to swim and unwind. This is an adventurous holiday not to be missed.
|Group Sizes:||Approximately 15 – 20 People|
This is a non-trekking adventure. All transport is vehicle and aircraft.
Historical tour of the Beachheaads – Gona and Buna.
Kokoda Village overnight stay and military history tour.
Unveiling of monument at Gorari village.
The following are included in the price of our Gorari Commemoration adventure trip:
- International Flights to from Brisbane.
- Internal flight Port Moresby to Popendetta and return
- Airport/Hotel accommodation transfers
- Accommodation 2 nights twin share, at a secure 5 star Hotel in Port Moresby. (pre and post adventure only) Airways Hotel or Crowne Plaza Hotel
- Single Person Tent
- 65 litre backpack for clothing and personal effects
- All meals at Hotel (pre and post trek)
- Service and Unveiling of the Memorial
- Kokoda Specific Training Program
- Comprehensive pre trek information and support package. Experienced support staff to answer your questions and requests prior to your trek
- 24 hour emergency support network in Port Moresby and Australia
- Communication and emergency equipment, satellite phones
- Visit to Bomana War Cemetery
- Experienced and professionally trained PNG Trek Leader and Guides
- Our Porters and Guides are Alola where Brigade HQ was situated during the battle of Isuarva
- Group Camping and trek equipment
- We have group medical kits
- First Aid trained Guides
- All meals during the trek
- Village campsite fees
- Kokoda Track Authority fee and permit
- Adventure Professionals cool dry trek shirt and cap
- We have a Port Moresby office with support staff on hand to assist
- We pay for Porter flights/transport to and from Kokoda Village
- We supply all Porter food and camping equipment
- We pay our Trek Guides and Porters well above the industry average and well above the recommended amount specified by the Kokoda Track Authority
Interested in a New Adventure?
Contact us to learn more about our trips or to create your own.